All of us need to develop a righteousness consciousness.
Every single Christian has been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21). However many Christians are not seeing the benefits of what God promises to those who are righteous, fulfilled in their lives. Why is this? How can we be righteous and yet not be receiving the full benefits of being righteous? The reason is that it is not enough just to be righteous, you also need to believe that you are righteous and you need to view yourself as righteous. All of us need to develop a righteousness consciousness, we should be getting up every morning and declaring that we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. As we regularly confess that we are righteous, our faith in this area will grow, until we become utterly convinced that we really are righteous and we will be in a position where we can receive everything that we are entitled to because of Jesus’ sacrifice.
It can be hard work believing for many different things.
This is actually far more important than you probably realise. You may be believing for many different things and that is fine, but it can be hard work believing for many different things. Matthew 6:33 says, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you“. The Message translation puts it this way, “….and all these things will come to you as a matter of course“. It is absolutely right that we pray and believe for things. Mark 11:24 says, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them“. Don’t let anyone tell you that we should only believe for our needs to be met and not our wants, Psalm 37:4 in the International Children’s Bible says, “Enjoy serving the Lord. And he will give you what you want“. But once we have done that, once we have prayed and believed that we have received, if we will concentrate on truly seeing ourselves as righteous, all of the things that we are believing for will come to us as a matter of course.
Some of the benefits that we can expect.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits that we can expect in our lives as we develop a righteousness consciousness:
- “The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger” (Job 17:9)
- “The righteous are guided and protected by the Lord” (Psalm 1:6, Good News Translation)
- “You bless righteous people, O Lord. Like a large shield, you surround them with your favor” (Psalm 5:12, God’s Word translation)
- “The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry” (Psalm 34:15)
- “When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles” (Psalm 34:17, English Standard Version)
- “May righteousness flourish in his lifetime, and may prosperity last as long as the moon gives light” (Psalm 72:7, Good News Translation)
- “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.” (Psalm 92:12)
There are so many things that God has promised to the righteous and there are all ours – if we will believe by faith that we are the righteousness of God and not ‘Just An Old Sinner Saved By Grace‘. Make it a daily priority to renew your mind to the truth that you are already the righteousness of God, not because of anything that you have done, but because of what Jesus has done.
If you have any further questions or thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment.
If you have never received Jesus as your Lord & Saviour, if you have gone away from God, or if you have any doubts regarding your salvation. I encourage you to click on the link below. Clicking on the link will not secure your salvation, but praying the prayer you find, from your heart, will.
For the salvation prayer, please click here.